Monday, September 20, 2010

Boo!

I'm definitely getting into the Halloween mood! It's my favorite time of year and my favorite holiday, so when I got the Happy Hauntings cartridge, I couldn't wait to start playing. The design team at BBTB2 was challenged to use the candle from the October 31st cartridge. I don't have that cart, so I used the creepy candle from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.



I also have a fondness for vintage images. I have a great collection of them, but for some reason, I rarely use them. I decided to tap into my collection for this next card. As you can see, I used the same frame as the card above, but it's obviously wider. I used Design Studio to widen it so it would fit around my image.


All cuts - Happy Hauntings cart
Patterned paper - Basic Grey Eerie

12 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Wow, I love your take on the challenge. So Halloweeeeeeenish.... great design, Karen.
Carole

some kind of wonderful said...

i LOVE these! great job!!!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh both cards are fabulous! That frame is wonderful and the eerie papers are gorgeous. Love the vintage look of these cards!
hugs
Juliexx

GiuliaG. said...

Oh, this is really super. I love both cards. you did a superb job on the challenge this week.....as you do every week!!!!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

these are both really fun cards, Karen. I too love vintage images and that one is super! and of course you know I love me some shaped cards and your take on the challenge this week is fabulous! xxD

A Little Time said...

Both cards are just fabulous!! I didn't realize there was a candle on HH! AWESOME take on the challenge!! I love vintage images, too.

Jeri said...

That frame is just gorgeous. What a way to set off your candle. Beautiful paper in the background.

Joanna said...

Awesome cards! I love that spooky frame..I might have to get that cart now! :)

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Karen

Both of these cards are AWESOME, I Love the Vintage look, I think it goes great with Holloween,Great Job....

HUGS
Penny

Andrea Amu said...

Girl, these cards are wicked kewl! Love the candle and Spooky font and that vintage image with the cool framing is awesome!
Yes... it's the most wonderful time of the year! :D

**Treefrog** said...

Wow Two cards, way to go girl! I love them both! Great colors and I too love the vintage images and looks and I don't use them enough either!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Suzanne said...

eek! how'd i miss these! beautiful, i esp love the one with the candle!