Thursday, July 12, 2012

Everything old is new again

Well, not everything, but my washing machine looks like new again.  My washer had gotten GRUNGY. Dirt in the lid, dirt in the bleach dispenser, and soap scum all over the agitator.  It needed a facelift.  I filled the washer with water and 2 cups of vinegar and let it sit for an hour. Then I got out my trusty scrub brush and went to town on the agitator. I removed the bleach dispenser and soaked it in vinegar. Then I broke out the Q-tips and detailed the rest of the machine. I drained the machine, rinsed it with plain water, then refilled it with water and 2 cups of bleach and let it sit another hour.  After rinsing it one final time, it looks like new again!
Before:
(notice the nastiness in the lip of the lid and in the bleach dispenser, and the scum on the agitator)



After:

I even used the Mr. Clean magic eraser to get off the scuff marks that were on the front near the bottom, but I couldn't get a good picture of it.
Now that I have a new-looking machine again, I don't want to use it!

1 comment:

A Little Time said...

ummm, why haven't you updated your blog in so long? Anyway, I have you on my blog list can you please add my blog to your list pretty please?

XOXO