Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Farm Fun layout, and a little tip

My assignment for CX was to use the Create a Critter cartridge. I was so excited to use this cartridge because it is FILLED with the most adorable critters of all types. I had these pictures of my son at the Old Farmer's Days festival, so they were just perfect for this assignment. I started my layout by cutting the animal print paper into a scalloped circle using the Accent Essentials cartridge set at 11.25". I cut the striped paper and adhered it to the right hand page, then adhered the scalloped circle on the left side. I placed my photos over that, then created my title using the Old West cartridge set at 2.5". Then came the fun part, the critters! Both the sheep and the chick were cut at 3". These were arranged over the silk flowers for contrast. The journaling tag and chunky brads were the finishing touches.


Many of your great Cricut cuts can be "lost" on your page if you are mounting them over patterned paper, or even a similar colored cardstock. A great way to make your cuts stand out is to mount them over a silk flower before mounting them to your page. It gives it great contrast and allows the eye to focus better on the cut.


No comments: