Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My first fabric project using the Cricut

I had the chance to work with the Fall Seasonal cartridge and my assignment was to make a tote bag. I was instantly drawn to the flamingo cut. I started by ironing Heat and Bond to the back of my fabric pieces. Next, I cut the white polka dots using the Accent Essentials cartridge set at 2", and cut the flamingo from the Fall Seasonal cartridge set at 11 1/2". Then I ironed them onto my tote bag. I added some pom pom trim around the top, and a pretty pink feather as his wing. It is so easy to make your own personalized tote bags with the cricut.



I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about cutting fabric in my cricut machine. I actually found out, it's quite easy! Just make sure you back your fabric with heat and bond to make it sturdier. Use a fresh blade and a fresh mat. I set my blade depth at 6, my pressure at 3, and my speed at 3. Also, use the multi cut feature set at 2, to make sure the cut goes completely through the fabric and the heat and bond. That's it! Easy enough, so don't be afraid to try it.

2 comments:

some kind of wonderful said...

this is soo adorable girl! love it! i havent cut fabric on mine yet but just might have to try!

wendyp said...

love how you added the feather! so CUTE!!!