Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Three Dimensional Christmas ornaments, and a little tip.

When I saw the lacy cuts on the Trim the Tree cartridge, I knew I wanted to create something elegant with them. To make each ornament, I cut the background four times, and the lacy portion 4 times. I adhered each lacy part to each background part. That gave me 4 complete cuts. I took each cut and folded it down the middle. I then took all four folded cuts and glued them together back to back, with a ribbon loop glued into the middle. I dry brushed the stickles over the ornaments for added sparkle and shine.






I just love the versatility of Stickles. Depending on how you use them, you can get glittery dimension, or you can get an all over soft sparkle.

For dimension, just apply the Stickles straight out of the bottle, like this:


For an all over soft sparkle, pour a bit of Stickles out of the bottle, then dry brush the Stickles over your project:



Now you have two totally different looks, using only one product:

5 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

I just loved these, Karen! I need to make some for gifts this year... they would be neat to put with cookie tins that I give out to the neighbors. Do you remember what size you cut them out at? I also love the idea of drybrushing on the Stickles. :)

Maria said...

These are just beautiful Karen!!!

Georgiana said...

Thank you for stopping by to see my "First" card for Yvette's hop. This shutter fold is a fun card. I have to say...your ornaments are beautiful!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Georgiana said...

I just saw your other cards and they are great! I am a new follower.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my gosh Karen these are amazing! What beautiful decorations
Hugs
Juliex